The Town of Wheatland’s current Municipal Judge is Vicki Mickelsen. Vicki took office in January of 2015 after a break of about 13 years since her last term. The Wheatland Municipal Judge is appointed by the mayor with approval of the Town Council.
- Docketing citations written by the Wheatland Police Department
- Accepting payment of citations and fines
- Following through on unpaid citations by issuing warrants or submitting citations to the Department of Transportation-Drivers Service Division for suspension for non-payment
- Holding bench trials when defendants contest citations or if the offense requires a court appearance (Jury trials are not an option at the city court level)
- Responding to disposition requests from other departments
Currently, the Municipal Judge is a part time position and office hours are from 1:00-5:00 on Monday and Wednesday from 8:00 -12:00. Payments for citations can be made at the Town Hall window by cash, money order or credit/debit card. Additionally, credit/debit card payments may also be made over the phone.
The bond schedule may be viewed by clicking here.
Contact Information: phone 307 322-4929
Please click here for outstanding Town of Wheatland warrants.
**If you observe any of these individuals, please contact your nearest law enforcement agency.
**This list is only to date at the time of printing.